Hanging Bridges Arenal tour takes place on a 600 acre reserve filled with lush vegetation and a variety of birds and animals which your experienced guide will help you spot.
Hanging Bridges Arenal tour takes place on a 600 acre reserve filled with lush vegetation and a variety of birds and animals which your experienced guide will help you spot. The trail itself is 1.9 miles (3.1 km) in length, crossing nine fixed bridges and 6 suspension bridges and is laid out at a maximum grade of 7 degrees so that anyone can walk it.
- Walk through the hanging bridges of the rainforest as well as the floor
- Good chance of spotting exotic wildlife
- On clear days there is a spectacular view of Arenal Volcano from one of the bridges
What You Can Expect
- Hanging Bridges Arenal tour offers you a unique opportunity to explore and appreciate the beauty of the forest and the Arenal Volcano. On this half-day tour you’ll hike above the trees, and experience the marvelous subcanopy and canopy forest like never before.
- You’ll experience the natural beauty of a 600-acre lush jungle reserve that’s home to a wide variety of birds and animals. Your guide will help you spot local wildlife such as howler monkeys, sloths, motmot birds, Jacamar birds, eyelash pit viper, poison dart frogs, and others.
- The trail is 3.1 kilometers in length and crosses 9 fixed bridges and 6 suspension bridges. It’s laid out with a maximum grade of 7 degrees, so the trail is easily walked by anyone.
Rates and transportation
Rates are based per person, in US dollars.
Adults: $69 USD
Kids: $39 USD
Students: $63 USD
Duration: Approximately 3 hours
Minimum Pax: 2 pax
Maximum Passengers: 40 pax
What is included
- Bilingual naturalist guide
- Park entrance
- Water bottle
- Transportation in an A/C bus
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Sunscreen lotion (sunny days) and rain gear (rainy days)
- Insect repellent
Submit your review
We did the half-day hanging bridges tour, and our tour guide was Oscar. Oscar is excellent! He is informative, professional and personable. We saw vipers, tarantulas, birds, amazing foliage, and monkeys. This tour is definitely worth it because it is not overly crowded, and the guides provide a more personalized experience.
Ready to book Hanging Bridges Arenal tour?
Please send us your inquiry about this outing, we will be glad of assisting you very soon.