Carara National Park is perfect for nature’s lover in your vacation in Costa Rica where you will be able to see many variety of fauna and can see the gorgeous scarlet macaw.
The tour operator will provide transportation that will pick you up from your hotel and drive 90 minutes to Carara National Park. This gorgeous natural sanctuary is home to approximately 48% of Costa Rica’s aviary species, making this Manuel Antonio tour ideal for bird watching enthusiasts. There are 2 possible trails to explore each of them about 2 miles in length.
During your hike, the nature guide will stop to point out exemplary species and offer explanations about the different things you see along the way. Half way through the hike you will take a 20 minute pit stop to rest and admire the scenery. One of the incredible highlights of this Manuel Antonio tour is the opportunity to see red macaws flying overhead.
After exploring the park you will journey over to the Tarcoles bridge where you can look down and admire the enormous crocodiles that call the river home. This is a great time to take advantage of your camera and get some story-worthy snapshots for back home. Once you have seen all there is to see you will return to base camp where a delicious home-style lunch awaits you.
At the end of the tour your operator will have arranged transportation to take you back to your hotel. A minimum of 4 people are required to operate this Manuel Antonio tour, or in the event that less than 4 individuals want to participate they must cover the cost equivalent to 4 adult rates.
- Ideal for bird watching enthusiasts.
- Will be able to see red macaws flying overhead.
- This gorgeous natural sanctuary is home to many species of birds
What You Can Expect
- You will know gorgeous natural sanctuary is home to approximately 48% of Costa Rica’s aviary species, ideal for bird watching enthusiasts.
- After traveling halfway through you will admire the scenery and have the opportunity to see red macaws flying overhead.
- Carara Preserve showcases colorful species of flora and fauna from a varied ecosystem, this sanctuary is populated by many different species of birds and animals, amongst them the white face and howler monkeys, iguanas, toucans and trogons.
Rates and transportation
Rates are based per person, in US dollars.
Adults: $118 USD
Kids: Children under 6 years old do not pay
Students: $107 USD
Duration: Approximately 6 hours
Minimum Pax: 4 pax
Maximum Passengers: 20 pax
What is included
- Naturalist guide
- Transportation in an A/C bus
What to Bring
- Hiking shoes
- Light comfortable clothing
- Suntan lotion
- Mosquito repellent
Ready to book Carara National Park tour?
Please send us your inquiry about this outing, we will be glad of assisting you very soon.