Jacamar Naturalist Tours is a Costa Rican company dedicated to promote and operate different tourist services in Costa Rica, such as tours or excursions, guiding group services, transportation, specialized lectures and other related services.
Our headquarters are located in La Fortuna de San Carlos, but we also count with satellite offices in some regions of the country. Our main clientele is composed of agencies and hotels around the country. The goal of JNT is to offer a personalized service and quality, where our tourists will be aware of how important is to care about the environment in their lives.
What makes us different?
Our company has been dedicated since its inception to teach the natural wonders of our country; and always trying to provide valuable information about the natural history of every plant and animal that we see on our tours to our customers. But over time we have been given the task of showing a little more about our culture and how Costa Ricans live and work, especially in rural areas, where it is listed that life is a little quieter, but also harder.
All those who work in the company, we consider important and even necessary, to teach our customers how we live in Costa Rica and of course try to rescue some traditions so.
Following this we have added several attractions and values to some of our tours, to be a complete experience for visitors.
The cultural heritage that these activities offers, strengthen us as a company, but as human beings, because it reminds us where we came from and mostly that we need to preserve good values to grow looking ahead. We have incorporated visits to family businesses to support these families, the community and entrepreneurship of its inhabitants.
“To carry out naturalistic trips to educate the tourist about the meaning of the conservation of our natural resources in a sustainable way.”
“To be a company leader in tourist services focused in naturalistic tours to promote the economic and social growth, of the hand with the Sustainable Development.”
PERSSONEL & EQUIPMENT:
• Sixteen naturalist guides certified by the Costa Rican Institute of Technology and licensed by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute as a tour guide (owner of the company).
• Five full-time bilingual receptionists with formal training and vast experience working in tourism.
• Their main activities are sales, service, reservations and basic operations and administrative tasks.
• Five people in accounting in charge of filing, billing and credit.
• Fourteen full-time drivers.
• A 1090 square meter lot with a 118 square meter fully finished building where the restaurant and tour operations offices are located.
• A fully equipped restaurant with capacity to serve 80 people simultaneously.
• 16 Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai vans (2008 to 2012 models).
• 5 Toyota Coaster bus (model 2005 & 2010).
• 1 Senior Deluxe Bus for 30 people, model 2008.
• 1 Deluxe Bus for 48 passengers, model 2006.
• 2 Canoes with full equipment.
• 8 inflatable rafts and equipment (oars, life jackets, etc.).
• 40 kayaks and equipment (paddles, life jackets, etc)
• Mobile radios in all vehicles and offices.
• First Aid equipment for all the guides and cars.
• Internal net connection, telephone lines, internet connections full time- All the necessary insures for clients and employees in both offices.
• Tourist Declaration like Tour Operator Agency by I.C.T.
• Government Permission for Tour Operator Agency.
• Certification of Sustainable Tourism Level 5.